Our client in New York, NY is seeking a Accounting Advisory Services Manager
Salary: USD $103,000 – $155,000 / yr plus annual bonus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Support audit teams with understanding and evaluating accounting policies related to new, significant, or complex accounting-related matters.
- Team with partners and Directors on proposals and business development calls. Understand and manage firm risk on proposals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis. Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, mathematics, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, accounting advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance center of excellence experience focusing on complex accounting transactions;
- Active CPA license required.
- Strong technical skills and deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries or marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel (up to 50%) to various client sites.
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
- Preferred Knowledge Areas
- Complex debt, equity and employee compensation topics
- IPO process or other capital transactions such as debt offerings or private placements Organizational restructuring including acquisitions, carve-outs or spin-offs and post deal accounting
- Accounting standards including ASC 326, ASC 606 and/or ASC 842
- GAAP conversions
- Financial Instruments
- Travel Percentage: 50%
- Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to info@iKadre.com