Our client in the Chicago, IL area is seeking an experienced Sr. Consultant, Fund Administration, Hedge Fund Services
Nationwide Relocation Available
Salary: USD $75,000 – $85,000 / yr plus 10% bonus
The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic member in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical Accounting background, experience working within the Financial Services industry and a proven track record of working well with and leading others. The Senior Consultant will be part of our Financial Control team dedicated to servicing a global, multi-strategy hedge fund with several billion dollars in assets under management. The candidate will be heavily involved in year-end financial reporting responsibilities, working as part of the client’s dedicated financial reporting team. Throughout the summer and fall, the individual will be primarily responsible for ad hoc financial reporting projects as well as execution of cross-functional client projects involving process automation and enhancements.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong communication, relationship, and facilitation skills to work directly with clients.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Executes efficiently and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Able to consult with clients on a regular basis and communicate expectations and deadlines internally.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain accuracy
- Lead the annual year-end audit process, including planning and coordination with the client and external auditors as well as internal team members, review and delivery of financial statements and footnotes, including under both US GAAP and IFRS
- Research, analyze and document new accounting pronouncements and the impact on current or proposed transactions/policies
- Dedicated to servicing a global, multi-strategy hedge fund with several billion dollars in assets under management.
- Identify, develop, and execute on process improvements including major technology initiatives focused on increasing the scalability of our financial reporting processes and providing solutions to client mandates
- Acquire content knowledge to function as the team Subject Matter Expert on financial reporting topics and act as a point of escalation to ensure accuracy and responsiveness
- Complete quality checks and reviews on year-end financial reporting packages and reports.
- Develop and maintain detailed process documents for financial reporting topics
- Work collaboratively and provide ongoing financial reporting support for both clients and internal teams
- Communicate client expectations and deadlines across business units involved
- Consult with clients on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction
A minimum of 4+ years’ accounting experience, specifically with multi-strategy Hedge Funds in the Investment Management space
- CPA, CFA, or other equivalent professional certification required
- Financial Reporting or Big 4 public accounting experience required
- Experience preparing and reviewing US GAAP financial statements; IFRS a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting; Master’s degree a plus
To apply for this job email your details to info@iKadre.com