Our client in Cleveland, OH is seeking an experienced Investment Banking Associate: Utilities, Power & Renewables
Nationwide Relocation Available
Salary: USD $170,000 – $179,999 / yr plus bonus
About the Job
Associates act as the primary day-to-day leaders for analytical support, including financial statement analysis and model development; valuation analysis; industry research; and the preparation of various presentations and documents including descriptive memoranda, management presentations, new business and other. Associates interact daily with other bankers and clients, prospective buyers/money sources, attorneys and accountants. They help manage transactions and interface directly in presentation, negotiation, capital-raising and closing. They play a central role in coordinating the activities of all team members.
Essential Job Functions
– Work with corporate finance investment bankers and product partners on M&A, strategic corporate finance, and capital raising transactions
– Generate ideas and analytical materials in support of new client meetings
– Perform financial modeling and valuation analyses on public and private companies: comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
– Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A/Strategic alternatives
– Develop knowledge of relevant information resources: Capital IQ, Thomson Financial, Bloomberg
– Continually build knowledge base and capabilities within the industry segment and stay abreast of competitive trends.
– Assist with attracting a quality workforce, i.e. college recruiting activities.
– Maintain required licensing.
– Demonstrate the Key Values: Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Leadership.
– Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, etc.)
– Series 79 & 63 (within 18 months of employment)
– Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
– Quantitatively and financially-oriented, possessing the ability to succinctly express ideas
– Strong team player with a positive can-do attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
– Excellent organization, communication and research skills
– Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
3-6 years of experience in investment banking, leading accounting or consulting
To apply for this job email your details to info@iKadre.com