Our client is seeking an experienced Remote Sr. Operational Risk Officer – Enterprise Digital and Business Banking
Salary: USD $120,000 – $150,000 / yr Annual Incentive Comp – performance based TARGET – $22,300
*This position can be filled remotely and is not required to be in Ohio.
This position is responsible for Operational Risk oversight of our banking clients Enterprise Digital and Business Banking lines of business. As part of this oversight role, experience with banking products, technology, digital product development and delivery, agile principles, and risk identification and effective mitigation strategies is critical. Responsibilities include oversight of LOB Operational Risk programs and policies, which includes providing highly specialized guidance and oversight on current and emerging legal, regulatory, and operational risk issues, monitoring and measuring operational risk performance, and reviewing and challenging of strategy (initiative, products, third parties, clients), control design, implementation, testing, and remediation for our clients Digital and Business Banking lines of business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Work directly with the Enterprise Digital and Business Banking lines of business (LOBs) and serve as subject matter expert on all operational risk matters including the identification of risks, processes, controls, testing, and monitoring of key risk metrics and remediation activities. Create executive level reporting.
–- Proven ability to engage and influence senior management, and recommend solutions fostering prudent risk management and profitable growth. Provide authoritative and consultative advice and support to management
– Work with the assigned LOBs to ensure the ongoing development and enhancement of risk assessments, testing, monitoring and associated plans.
– Responsible for developing processes to ensure effective implementation of sound Operational Risk Management practices for assigned LOBs.
– Monitor and assess new or amended legal and regulatory requirements as they relate to Operational Risk for Business Banking and digital delivery of products and services. Accountable for ensuring that related risks, controls, policies and procedures ensure compliance with applicable industry rules, regulations and laws.
– Analyze and provide feedback around risks associated with the offering of new and/or enhanced products, services, processes, business initiatives and outsourced third party activities.
– Respond to internal and external audits, exams and requests for information. Assist in the evaluation of audit and examination findings and implementation of corrective action and needed responses.
– Assist in the response to ongoing regulatory and legal inquiries and investigations.
– Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal clients, staff, peers, and LOB senior management.
– Maintain relationships with industry peers and regulatory bodies.
– Oversees and/or conducts role specific training with respect to Operational Risk to assigned LOBs to enhance organizational understanding of operational risk, risk identification processes and control design and management processes.
– Escalates promptly to appropriate senior management or appropriate risk committee any material breaches of applicable laws, rules, policies or standards with actual or potential operational risk impact, and necessary correction action.
– Acts as Operational Risk Subject Matter Expert on assigned Subcommittees and/or Working Groups.
– Provide leadership and/or support on special projects, as assigned.
– Monitors compliance with operational risk policies and standards by integrating operational risk control self-testing into a comprehensive control self-testing program that performs regular and comprehensive risk assessment and testing, identifies gaps and deficiencies, and formulates response strategies for corrective action.
– Conducts review and challenge activities and escalation, including independent testing as required.
– Manage 2nd LOD requirements related to the Governance, Risk & Compliance application and Risk Assessment Processes.
– Other duties as assigned
– An Undergraduate degree is required, advanced degree/s preferred.
– Minimum of 5-10 years industry experience
– Experience with technology, digital products and delivery channels
– Familiarity with Agile environment and Scrum principles
– Experience with large and complex strategic projects with multiple workstreams
– Ability to effectively communication and influence at all levels of the organization
– Ability to think strategically
– Ability to foster and encourage collaboration between multiple risk disciplines
– Ability to view risk holistically within a dynamic, fast paced team environment
– In-depth practical knowledge of internal controls, risk assessments and operational and compliance processes, and applicable techniques for implementation of regulatory, compliance and legal requirements and operational processes.
– Strong leadership and relationship management skills including the ability to lead up and across the organization
– Proven ability to have, maintain, and establish strong contacts within the industry so as to be aware of current industry issues and practices
– Industry certifications a plus, such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
To apply for this job email your details to info@iKadre.com