Our client in the Chicago, IL area is seeking a Senior Fund Financial Reporting Analyst
Salary: USD $50,000 – $65,000 / yr
The Financial Reporting group provides internal and external clients with assistance related to the annual audits and/or interim regulatory SEC filings across a diverse set of registered mutual funds and non-registered funds, including, but not limited to, common and collective trust funds, partnerships, and hedge funds that invest in a wide array of investment strategies and asset classes. The group is responsible for the preparations and reviews of fund financial statements in a timely manner while also ensuring accuracy and quality of the reports. The group provides assistance to audit firms in the processes and procedures associated with their annual fund audits for both the registered and non-registered fund base, as well as ensuring the timely and accurate filings of the SEC Forms N-CSR, N-Q, N-MFP and N-PORT for the registered mutual fund base.
The group has an open technical coordinator position that will report directly to the team leader of the team. The technical coordinator will assist the team leader with the review of staff work; provide training and development to the staff, as well as provide feedback regarding staff performance. The technical coordinator will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements and audit support for the Financial Reporting group’s client base. The technical coordinator will also assist with the preparation and or review portions of the SEC Forms N-CSR, N-Q, N-MFP and N-PORT for the registered mutual fund base.
- Preparation of fund financial statements and schedules of investments as well as assisting team leader in drafting of the notes to the financial statements for annual and semiannual shareholder reports for registered and non-registered funds.
- Review of schedules of investments for registered funds on Form N-Q filings.
- Review of staff prepared fund financial statements, schedules of investments, portions of Form N-Q and other supporting schedules as necessary.
- Assist team leader in coordination of audits, related auditor and clients open items, questions and comments.
- Train staff regarding the preparation of financial statements, schedules of investments, portions of Form N-Q.
- Technical resource for staff regarding questions related to new investment/derivative products, financial statement preparation questions and auditor questions.
- Assist with the on-boarding of new clients
- Provide timely and relevant feedback regarding staff performance to team leader.
- Complete ad hoc duties and or projects as assigned.
The candidate should have detailed knowledge of financial statements and a working knowledge of 1940 Act rules & regulations, forms N-Q, N-CSR, N-PORT & N-MFP. The candidate should have working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including such topics as ASC 815 & 820, securities, derivatives and fund accounting principles. Knowledge and experience with DFS Arc Reporting and Bloomberg are also preferred. Candidates should be detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work with limited supervision. Candidates should be a strong performer with high standards of integrity and a strong work ethic.
The candidate should have 3+ years of experience with U.S. GAAP in the financial services, fund administration/reporting industry. A finance or accounting degree is not required but preferred. Candidate should also have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word products
To apply for this job email your details to info@iKadre.com