Our client, a Fortune 500 organization in Deerfield, IL is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Sales & Use Tax
Regional Relocation Available!
Salary: USD $150,000 – $160,000 / yr plus bonus
Day to day management of Taxability for the Company’s 9,000 + locations, including but not limited to: research and analysis related to new items; updates to the Company’s tax engine; oversight of tax exemption certificates; review of contracts and identification of potential SUT tax risks; and supervision of sales and use tax reporting.
Ability to review and sign sales and use tax returns, reports, filings and other communications on behalf of the Company under penalties of perjury, as necessary.
Serves as a leader on cross functional team(s), providing leadership, direction, knowledge and advice to team members and senior management. Develops departmental plans and organizational priorities and is accountable for the performance and results of tax stewardship. Addresses technical issues and recommends solutions. Serves as a champion for people development across the Company while managing a staff ranging from Analyst to Manager.
Develops and executes our tax strategy through innovative & creative thinking in a manner which ensures the proper collection and remittance of tax across the Company. Drives process improvement opportunities for tax function.
Proven experience in the Retail space and proven ability to manage large volumes of data, competing demands and a fast paced environment. Ability to work with others and to communicate tax technical concepts to a non-tax audience when necessary.
- Oversees the tax process for the sales and use tax function evelops and executes short and long-term tax savings strategies by collaborating with the various tax functions. Directly impacts the Company’s tax rate to optimize Earnings per Share.
- Reviews and ensures that the tax filings minimize the overall tax liability to Walgreens leading to tax savings.
- Closely collaborates with Finance and Accounting on tax and accounting issues impacting the Company’s financials.
- Serves as a catalyst and leader on organizational and people development initiatives. Develops, mentors and coaches employees.
- Participates in divisional and company-wide projects and programs to develop engagement for division-wide and company-wide initiatives.
- Collaborates with business unit leaders and Finance/Accounting to minimize tax disputes and pursue opportunities.
- Authority to sign returns, reports, filings and other communications on behalf of the Company under penalties of perjury, as necessary.
- Identifies and evaluates tax issues during due diligence phase of Mergers & Acquisitions process. Manages due diligence and integration process for acquisitions/dispositions and serves as core member of tax acquisition team.
- Leads research of tax laws, regulations and case law to resolve complex tax issues and resolves technical issues.
- Closely monitors tax legislation and determines the tax effect of proposed changes and newly enacted tax laws. Collaborates with the Government Relations Team on lobbying efforts on specific tax legislation for key issues, as necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to info@iKadre.com